So… You want to hear a story, eh? One about treasure hunters? Haha, have I got a story for you!
♦ ♦ ♦
Welcome to the Borderlands Secret Santa 2012 Event, hosted here on tumblr! It is open to everyone interested in joining. You wanna draw? You wanna write? You wanna compose a song, make a papercraft, build the city of Opportunity out of oyster crackers and cheez-whiz?!
You’ve come to the right place, vault hunter.
♦ How Do I Join? ♦
Send an ask to this blog stating that you’re interested! You have until November 13th to join.
Be sure to include the following things in your ask:
- What you can/want to do (writing, drawing, etc.)
- What you would like to receive (writing, drawing, etc.)
- Things you absolutely will not do under any circumstance (this spans anywhere from characters you absolutely loathe to suggestive content and so on)
- Whether or not you would like to be a backup gift-giver! Chances are that people will drop out of the activity, or we may have an odd number of people. If drawing more than one thing becomes too much of a hassle, don’t volunteer! We’ll figure something out.
If you don’t receive a reply, it either means your ask was eaten or the blog was hacked by Hyperion intelligence.
Loaders will be delivered via lunar supply crate to your area of residence shortly.Also, if you change your username at any point after sending your first ask, or if you decide to quit, please be sure to update us as soon as possible!
♦ Then what? ♦
After you’ve been confirmed, make a text post with your wishlist and tag it #borderlands secret santa. Please keep it safe-for-work! The more choices and ideas you leave for your fellow vault hunter, the better.
On November 15th, you will receive an ask from one of the mods revealing the vault hunter you have been paired with!
You have until December 26th to finish and submit your gift to your partner. If you don’t follow through, you’re going to have a lot of people upset at you and you will not be allowed to join any events hosted by this blog in the future. You have plenty of time to get this finished!
Extensions may be allowed as long as one of the mods is contacted before December 19th. Hey, life happens—no worries. Don’t use this as an opportunity to slack off.
♦ Friendly Reminders ♦
- Wishlist must be safe-for-work!
- Keep your partner a secret! Try to avoid posting and tagging works-in-progress.
- If you have issues with the person you’ve been assigned to and you think you won’t be able to temporarily reconcile your differences, contact a mod so you can be reassigned to someone else.
- Please put effort into your gift! Don’t draw on lined paper, check your writing, grammar and punctuation in your writing, etc.
- It’s open to people of all skill levels! Please be thankful and respectful to your fellow vault hunters.
- Keep your asks open!
Questions, comments, concerns, editorials? Send an ask to the blog and you’ll receive a published answer. Updates will be added to the blog periodically and will be tagged #blss update, so be sure to keep track of that tag if you don’t follow!
Happy vault hunting!